iPhone Calendar Bug. New Events are occasionally defaulting to the wrong day. Please advise.

This seems to have started on iOS 17.4.1. I do not know if it is only because of 17.4.1, or due to the fact that the calendar is both synced to my e-mail, and the cloud. Yet events that seem to be synced to the cloud, seem to have an error that they will copy prior event patterns:

examples: some of certain events were programmed for some certain time slot, while some of them were previously programmed for another time slot.

When I enter the same events to sync with the cloud for the current day, the iPhone Calendar will default frequently to program those events to the next day. If it is between 5 pm and 6pm Tuesday, it puts them on Wednesday, yet sometimes it may be that it is 5:30 Tuesday, and it will allow me to keep it on the same day.

I do not understand this bug. It appears that if I previously had a time slot on a previous week, it allows the same day or next day, and I may have to change it. Any advice will be appreciated.

iPhone 11

Posted on May 4, 2024 12:47 PM

3 replies

May 7, 2024 9:25 AM in response to JoshuaCM

Hello, Joshua!

Try restarting your iPhone:

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

(From: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support)

If that doesn't work, please report this bug to Apple: Product Feedback - Apple.

iPhone Calendar Bug. New Events are occasionally defaulting to the wrong day. Please advise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.