Can I customize each pixel/color filters on my MacBook Pro display?

Hello! I was here wondering if I can individually change the color scheme on each pixel of my macbook screen. Recently I've bought this used 2017 MacBookPro (no touchbar) and the display has this yellowish-pinky stain that extends throughout the entire top screen. If I could manually change the color on those pixels, hopefully the display would be back to normal.

Here are some pictures in different brightness.

Thanks in advance!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 4, 2024 3:09 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2024 12:19 PM in response to lexdegyn

lexdegyn wrote:

Hello! I was here wondering if I can individually change the color scheme on each pixel of my macbook screen. Recently I've bought this used 2017 MacBookPro (no touchbar) and

the display has this yellowish-pinky stain that extends throughout the entire top screen.

If I could manually change the color on those pixels, hopefully the display would be back to normal.

Here are some pictures in different brightness.

Thanks in advance!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

No.

It looks to me like a display issue.

You can compare your results plugging in an external monitor and see if there is a change.

Likewise you can try making changes in System Settings and compare your results:

Change your Mac display's color profile - Apple Support

May 5, 2024 2:08 PM in response to lexdegyn

The brighter areas along the top and bottom of your portable MacBook Pro display are due to the backlight LEDs being located along the top and bottom edges of the display.

If you have non-negotiable demands for perfect color, you need a desktop display. This one is optimized for portability and light weight, not perfect color fidelity.

Can I customize each pixel/color filters on my MacBook Pro display?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.