Deactivate MacBook that no longer work

My old MacBook has water damaged from when the apartment above me flooded and water from the ceiling damage my laptop that was on the sofa. I have a new MacBook but when I try to activate, it says I need to deactivate the other. The other MacBook does not turn on for me to deactivate it. When I click "remove from the account" on my iPhone that apparently is not the same as deactivate because I still cannot activate my new MacBook with my account.

Any one else has had this issue. Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 4, 2024 3:52 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2024 4:05 PM in response to Chateaushep

Chateaushep wrote:

My old MacBook has water damaged from when the apartment above me flooded and water from the ceiling damage my laptop that was on the sofa. I have a new MacBook but when I try to activate, it says I need to deactivate the other. The other MacBook does not turn on for me to deactivate it. When I click "remove from the account" on my iPhone that apparently is not the same as deactivate because I still cannot activate my new MacBook with my account.

Any one else has had this issue. Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

ref: What to do before you sell, give away, trade in, or recycle ...

You can remove it.

One account for everything Apple - verify what devices are associated with your ID.

https://appleid.apple.com/

Sign in>Devices> Remove from account if that is your issue

if you still have issues—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Deactivate MacBook that no longer work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.