How to transfer custom ring tones from my iPhone SE 2nd gen to my new iPhone SE 3rd gen?

Hello everyone. I have a (for me, real big one) problem that is bothering me, quite a bit.

I can no longer use my beloved iPhone SE 2nd gen, since I broke the screen (functional but "difficult to look at") and I have already been using my new SE 3rd gen for a couple of months (I have a fetish for THE button!)

I wanted to move (that's right, move) my dear old custom ringtones from the 2nd to the 3rd, because I honestly care about them and continuing to listen to them when I receive calls or messages. ;)

Both updated to iOS 17.4. It doesn't seem a bug, like the old iOS 17's one...It look like it just doesn't seems working.

I found myself forced to ask this (long) question because, after well over an hour spent here, I still haven't found a solution.

There are many questions and a lot of solutions that seem similar to mine, but are not at all.

I don't have any tones or ringtones to put ON an iPhone, I have to recover my old tones FROM an iPhone to paste them on another one.

Premise: at the time, a long time ago, I don't remember well, but when I created and put them on the old iPhone (a pre-war one... maybe it was at the time of the iPhone 5) I certainly didn't use any particular software, I don't use them... I just remember that it was a simple process, I'm actually talking about many tones, like 70 ringtones and tones...

I've already read all the "similar" questions and answers, but the solutions like "create them with GarageBand" or rename with iTunes" don't help me (I don't have to create them, I already have them, on an iPhone... but I can't access them) and I would like to avoid third-party programs (if it's possible), I remember that at the time I had not done such operations, it was very "simple", with just a few essential steps...

I can understand that certain "operations" may have been superseded, but today there MUST be a way to interact with the personalized ringtones of an iPhone...

All this for the simple reason that I "only" need to bring the customized tracks from one phone to another...

But today this seems absolutely impossible to do.

iTunes no longer displays the Tones folder, but it must be there somewhere...

I don't want and don't have to do a restore of the new device using a backup of the previous one (which "should" bring me the custom ones on the new one too) but I don't consider it a solution at all, also because I wanted to activate the new device with a clean installation and I don't feel like throwing it away.

But today I can't find a way to "enter" the folders of the 2nd iPhone to be able to "copy-paste" the tracks on the other one?

I work on a MacBook, iOS Bug (XD) Sur, but if you can work on Windows, I can rely on a PC, if it helps to solve it I'll do it!

I would like to understand if there is a way to interact with the iPhone and "manually" search for folders, I don't know where it is and I don't know how to find the tones folder, the only place where my personalized ringtones are saved is an old iPhone which will have short life, I don't want to lose those tracks like this.

Has anyone been good enough to read this far, and can provide me with support?

Thank you so much,

Mattia

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on May 4, 2024 4:29 PM

1 reply

How to transfer custom ring tones from my iPhone SE 2nd gen to my new iPhone SE 3rd gen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.