Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

How long will it take to fix and return my iPad after the power button got stuck?

I dropped my gen 8 ipad on the floor and the power button is stuck how long does it take to repair and get back?( At an Apple Store )

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 4, 2024 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2024 11:08 AM

For practical purposes, in lieu of repairing and returning your own iPad, Apple usually exchange the iPad for a renewed/refurbished iPad of the same model and specification. If an equivalent exchange device is available in-stock, the exchange can be as quick as same-day.

The cost of the exchange is the same as would otherwise be charged for repair. Unless you have benefit of an active AppleCare plan, an out-of-warranty repair while expensive will be somewhat less than the cost of a replacement iPad.

As for out-of-warranty repair costs, Apple offers a fixed-price price repair. You can verify eligibility and cost for your region/country here:

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

If you have an active AppleCare+ plan, the cost of repair is reduced to a small excess/deductible fee.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2024 11:08 AM in response to Baengpun

For practical purposes, in lieu of repairing and returning your own iPad, Apple usually exchange the iPad for a renewed/refurbished iPad of the same model and specification. If an equivalent exchange device is available in-stock, the exchange can be as quick as same-day.

The cost of the exchange is the same as would otherwise be charged for repair. Unless you have benefit of an active AppleCare plan, an out-of-warranty repair while expensive will be somewhat less than the cost of a replacement iPad.

As for out-of-warranty repair costs, Apple offers a fixed-price price repair. You can verify eligibility and cost for your region/country here:

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

If you have an active AppleCare+ plan, the cost of repair is reduced to a small excess/deductible fee.

May 6, 2024 11:46 AM in response to Baengpun

Consider the mail-in option on that page LotusPilot links.

I'm in the US and needed a new battery for an older iPad. I used Apple's Mail-in option. I set up the repair online and Apple notified my local UPS Store that I would be dropping it off there.

I handed over the tablet at a local UPS store on a Friday morning. The replacement iPad, cosmetically perfect and exactly the same specs as the old one, was delivered to my house by noon the following Wednesday. Six days, including two weekend days. And, yes, over two years later, I still use that refurbished iPad daily.

Apple's article on their refurbished products: Why Refurbished - Apple

I agree with LotusPilot—the store will only send it to the repair center. That will likely add a day at each end. The mail-in service is the best if available in your area.

May 4, 2024 7:14 PM in response to Baengpun

It's going to depend on how busy they are, and what has to happen to get it fixed. You can always take it to an Apple Store Genius Bar and ask them, but I don't think they'll be able to give you a definite answer either, they'll most likely just be able to give you an idea. We do not work for Apple, we are end users just like yourself, the only ones that would be able to give you this information would be Apple or wherever you take it to get it worked on if it's an Apple Authorized Repair Center.

How long will it take to fix and return my iPad after the power button got stuck?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.