Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

FaceTime burnt display

So me and my girlfriend are long distance and we both feel safe falling asleep on the phone but lately I’ve noticed after a while the end call button, mute, camera, etc. are almost burned into my phone screen, they go away after a few minutes or so but I’m not sure if one day it’s going to just stay there. Is it possible to “burn” the display. Like how older tvs can have displays burnt into them? I hope someone understands me lol I sound crazy and I wish I could show what I’m talking about but I can’t.

Posted on May 5, 2024 3:08 AM

1 reply

May 7, 2024 11:27 AM in response to Cj0216

Hello!

I totally understand what you're saying; it is a common concern with OLED displays.

I can't tell what will happen with your iPhone, but it's promising that the 'ghost' of the icons is disappearing. I will say, if they do end up permanently burned into your iPhone's display, to arrange service/repair for your iPhone either with Apple or with an Apple Authorised Service Provider.

FaceTime burnt display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.