Backing up iPhone photos and videos to iCloud for Windows laptops.

Hello, my name is Steven and I have an iPhone XR that I have had for a while now today I am trying to back up all my photos to iCloud for Windows. I currently running on a Windows 11 Laptop and I am trying to back up all photos and videos to free up space on my iPhone. Whenever I try to back up all my photos and videos, it tells me it backs up to 1,000 items which are many photos and videos I have taken on my iPhone. On my iPhone, it tells me I have 1,400 items, and on my laptop, it tells me that it has uploaded only 1,000. Can I please have some help on why it does not upload all the photos and videos from my iPhone to the computer?

iPhone XR, iOS 17

Posted on May 5, 2024 5:37 AM

1 reply

May 5, 2024 8:39 AM in response to SirSteven08

It’s not clear what you’re attempting. If you intend to sync your photos, turn on iCloud sync on the phone and enable iCloud for Windows. Photos that you take on your iPhone will then sync automaticalily to your PC. Once that has completed, you can move the files out of iCloud on your PC and archive them where you would like to free space on the phone.

Backing up iPhone photos and videos to iCloud for Windows laptops.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.