Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone contact labels

My iPhone will not accept a change in labels to phone numbers. When I try to change “home” to “other” or “mobile” it immediately reverts back to “home”. Most people do not have home phones anymore. I have an iPhone 13 pro with the latest iOS available.

Posted on May 5, 2024 8:55 AM

1 reply

May 5, 2024 9:21 AM in response to dan2sail

What is your default Contacts account? If none, please add an email account and enable contacts.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organization's system administrator.

iPhone contact labels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.