Using multiple backing tracks and Guitar settings

Hi, new to MainStage, and trying to use it just for practicing guitar at home. I typically just play along with backing tracks, and jump around between different guitar effects combinations. Just trying to figure out how best to do this in MainStage.

So far, the best I've come up with, is having a different SET for each backing track, and within that set I have multiple patches that I can switch between for different guitar effects.

This works ok, but if I want to use the same guitar effects on multiple songs/sets, I have to duplicate the patch and paste it into each SET I want to use it on. The list of patches gets long, and it gets quite cumbersome if I make a change to the patch that I want to apply to each song.

What would really be nice is if I could simply have a single set of guitar effects patches, and pick one to use at any given time, regardless of which backing track I'm playing. I'd like to be able to change backing tracks on the fly (i don't want to have to navigate to a different file in the playback settings window)..

Is this doable, and if so, how? Or am I using the wrong software?

MacBook Air (M2, 2023)

Posted on May 5, 2024 11:53 AM

There are no replies.

Using multiple backing tracks and Guitar settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.