how to re-import clips that were unsuccesfully imported

I tried to import about 50 clips. However I did not see that only the first 20 had been imported correctly and that probably the import of the rest was still busy. Not aware of this I started to move the first clips to the timeline. As a result the clips that were still busy have been unsuccessfully imported. They are green and only the audio of them is working. I tried to solve this problem but did not succeed: I removed the green ones and tried to import them again but they remain green. I also started a new project with a new event and imported them again but they remain green. Any suggestions ?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 5, 2024 12:33 PM

3 replies

May 6, 2024 4:19 PM in response to Castelluci

Since you have found a workaround, looks like you are good to go.

If your clip is in the Project Media Browser (as opposed to the timeline) then select the clip and do a File/Reveal in Finder. An Original Media folder will pop up that lists by name the files in the project. The name of the clip that you selected will be highlighted. Copy, not move, the highlighted file to your desktop.

-- Rich

how to re-import clips that were unsuccesfully imported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.