Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Can anyone help me find the early 1990s screensaver with trees and their changing seasons

Does anyone remember the early 1990s screensaver with a light background and various trees changing through the seasons? I don't know what it's called or where to find it. Not sure it was AfterDark, but might be. When it was fall, the trees would drop their leaves and in winter it would snow. Summer was regular green leaves, and spring had leaf buds with little pink flowers, but they didn't grow or anything. I think it was made for Macintosh LCs around 1991-2. Anyone remember this??

Posted on May 5, 2024 2:25 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2024 4:19 PM in response to impel2

Yes, I do remember After Dark. Berkeley Systems produced it.

I do not recall that specific screen saver, nor do I know of any recent equivalent screen saver, but you could search for one on the App Store for which there are far too many to enumerate. Screen savers obtained from outside the App Store can be installed, but you will need to get creative as they are likely to lack the required macOS notarization. Besides, providing links or anything but the most cursory instructions is likely to be frowned upon by the site Hosts.

If you've been using Macs for as long as you have you can probably figure it out.

Use a screen saver on your Mac - Apple Support

Can anyone help me find the early 1990s screensaver with trees and their changing seasons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.