Can I add files to my iPhone if Cloud Music Library is enabled?

So... I remember back in the day before Apple Music that you can drag and drop files kind of thing... I load up the phone on the mac and I find it in locations but under the music section is just says I'm using the Cloud Music Library and it acts like I can drag files and drop it on to my phone with the green plus symbol when I drag it over but then nothing happens. From what I understand, if I want to be able to do that I have to turn off the Cloud Music Library thing... Which means if so, from what bit I've looked up, ALL of my Apple Music stuff and playlists etc, goes away... Is that the case??? Is there no way to add an album AND have Apple Music on?? Thanks!!

Jeff

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 5, 2024 5:58 PM

2 replies

May 8, 2024 6:11 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Thank you for getting back to me! Problem is, it's a talk I have on CD that isn't on the Cloud Music Library thing. So I'm curious as to if there is a way to get something on my phone that isn't on Apple Music because I have a bunch of things like that. There has to be a way to do that right because it's not like Apple has EVERY SINGLE THING on planet earth that someone wants on their phone, right...? Thanks again for your time though!! :)

Can I add files to my iPhone if Cloud Music Library is enabled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.