Stop backing up music library to Icloud

my icloud keep backng up my music folder and contents I think in tunes to the icloud. I delete it and trash it but it restarts. This just started a few days ago.

I have been using icloud fo books and photos (so I can read books and see photos on any device. and for that its fine. I just do not want to use icloud space for music as I back it up onto external hard disk and my 2 iphones and 3 ipads are also backed up to hard disk for each device.

So how do I stop just music being backed up to icloud but keep the books and photos.

TIA

also, whats odd is what is on icloud is taking up space on my hard drive at same time as photos books and music.

Posted on May 5, 2024 7:13 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2024 10:01 PM in response to muguy

so how do I end up with music in I cloud. Where I empty it and thenext day its back

Tonight I did something impulsive. I took each music sub folder by artist and dragged it to reycle bin. Then I trashed the music folder bydragin giot to recycle bin an dhten emptoed hte recucle bin.

A hint of the problem was a couple of months ago I could not find recently downloaded music so I went to I think prefernces in itunes and advanced where files were being downloaded to the icloud folder vs my nusic folder. Each time I changed it bacl to c drive music folder, when I closed and reopeedituens that location of itunes media folder had reverted to icloud. I finally got that fixed.

But now after an hour I have a "New Folder" in icloud drive that shows up and takes up space on my C drive.

Stop backing up music library to Icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.