Newsroom Update

Apple News+ introduces Quartiles, a new original spelling game, and Offline Mode for subscribers. Learn more >

Refund requests are not eligible, Refund request denied.

Dear apple, I feel sad and disappointed because apple did not agree to my refund request when I did not violate apple refund fraud. I signed up for a trial of the Duolingo app and forgot to cancel before the 1-year renewal date for 599,000 VND. My phone also did not notify me of this problem or I was negligent and didn't pay attention. Apple tried to deduct money from me from April 19, 2024 to April 24, 2024. On April 24, 2024, when I added money to buy things, Apple deducted money, I didn't know until May 2, 2024. I just discovered that I forgot to cancel my 1-year Super Duolingo subscription renewal. I know this is my fault, but I assure you that I have not violated Apple's refund policy. I don't understand why my refund request was denied when I forgot to cancel the renewal and never used the application. I went into the app when I realized I forgot to cancel my subscription to cancel the package. I don't know if Apple counts that as cheating or not? Now I just need my lost money back and I don't use that app anymore because I'm too scared. That amount of money is huge for me and I hope Apple will reconsider and refund that amount to me. I commit that I did not commit fraud or violate Apple's refund policy. If there is any fraud, I will be responsible before the law. I contacted Apple Vietnam support but they said they cannot interfere with foreign Apple technical departments, so I am writing this complaint hoping Apple will reconsider. I really need this money please help me refund it, if I cheated I wouldn't have to beg from many sides of Apple. Thanks for reading and please help me. Please!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on May 5, 2024 8:57 PM

4 replies

May 5, 2024 9:36 PM in response to Mac Jim ID

I have consulted many forums in Vietnam. They forgot to cancel the renewal and the money was deducted. They reported it and chose a different reason than the one they got. They got a refund but I didn't. For example, I forgot to cancel my Apple Arcade package renewal and I reported it once and they still refunded me. I'm not understanding how they work when I'm not in violation and I just accidentally renewed it and I didn't use it. I know it's my fault but there are cases where I can get a refund.

May 5, 2024 9:02 PM in response to hân129

Sorry, but forgetting to cancel a subscription is not a valid reason for a refund. You cannot expect Apple to remind you to cancel as that is your responsibility. All you can do is cancel it now to avoid any charges in the future. Even after the subscription is cancelled, you can still use the remainder of the subscription period you have paid for until it expires.

Refund requests are not eligible, Refund request denied.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.