Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Security delay required to reset password

My Whatsapp app is required to be updated in order to access. And I am having important docs to be downloaded from the group.

Hence the new security protection is not logical at all it seem as the security delay is asking to wait 1 hour, and continue for another hour in order me to update.

It is so frustrating and delaying the daily task especially during urgency.

How this logic to be? and after 3 hours waiting I still unable to update my app.

iPhone 15

Posted on May 5, 2024 11:26 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2024 11:39 PM in response to phakai

phakai wrote:

Hence the new security protection is not logical at all it seem as the security delay is asking to wait 1 hour, and continue for another hour in order me to update.

Not logical? Is this your device?

Please see how this works on my iPhone 12 Pro iOS 17.4.1 without any Security Delay.

See the pic below which is self-explanatory

Probably you have "Always" Ticked in place of "Away from Familiar Location"

For enhanced security, there's a one-hour delay when changing your location settings from "Always" to "Away from Familiar Location." This applies even if you use Face ID for authentication.

A delay will be required when you are not at a familiar location, such as your home or work, to change security settings.

Know more --> About Stolen Device Protection for iPhone

Security delay required to reset password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.