How can I ensure to set up my Apple Music Focus correctly?

Ok I have a created a focus for my Apple Music so it won’t effect my recommendations, but I just want to know if I did it right? Like is Set Use Listening History supposed to grey or green? Any Help please. Because I thought I only had to turn off Use Listening History. Why is there two buttons?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on May 6, 2024 4:25 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2024 4:57 AM in response to luisc64

Hi luisc64,

The first option Set Use Listening History will actually tell your phone to take into account this constraint when turning On the actual Focus Mode. If turned Off (in grey), the Focus Mode will use the same settings for Music app as you set it for the general use (no Focus Mode On). If turned On (in green), the Focus Mode will take into account the option just below Use Listening History.

In your case, if you want to apply a specific setting for the Music app in this Focus Mode (here to not have the Listening History, if I understand correctly), you should turn On Set Use Listening History, and turn Off the Use Listening History.

I hope this answer helps you!

deviant-swirl

How can I ensure to set up my Apple Music Focus correctly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.