Photos on phone and iCloud storage problem

Hi,

I pay €10 a month for iCloud storage and am happy to do as I have in excess is 105,000 photos spanning a number of years. The problem is my iPhone memory is always full. I have deleted all apps and now it's basically just a phone with photos. I don't need to see all the photos everyday and am happy with the knowledge that they are on the iCloud. However, if I delete from my phone, it automatically deletes from my iCloud which I don't want to happen. What can I do?

I want to keep the photos but need memory on my phone. Any tips or tricks greatly appreciated.

thanks

Posted on May 6, 2024 6:36 AM

3 replies

May 6, 2024 8:17 AM in response to Lolsbee

You didn't list your devices. If you have a Mac, then you can have multiple Libraries. One Library can be a smaller one with only favorites and recent pictures, shared with your phone, while you keep a larger Library only on your Mac with pictures you look at more rarely. If this is an option for you, let us know if you need advice.

Ahh-- I see this may fit with muguy's suggestion to "offload photos outside of iCloud."

Photos on phone and iCloud storage problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.