I unable to install the macOS again on my MacBook Pro 2011

have been using my MacBook Pro 2011 for years now I needed to fix my hard drive so i formatted it unfortunate for me I unable to install the macOS again it now shows me this apple support-3403F pls I need a help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 6, 2024 12:52 PM

1 reply

May 10, 2024 10:37 PM in response to cooldj80

It is some sort of network issue. Unfortunately Apple does not provide any explanations for these error codes.

You can try power cycling your modem & router making sure to wait at least five minutes for them to finish booting before you try again.

You can also try using an Ethernet cable to connect the computer directly to the router for a faster more reliable connection which bypasses hard to troubleshoot WiFi issues.

You can also try accessing Internet Recovery Mode (Command + Option + R) from another location in case your local Internet has an issue or your ISP is the problem.

You can also create a bootable macOS 10.11 or 10.13 USB installer if you have access to another compatible computer. Generally you need a computer from:

• Late-2009 to 2018 for macOS 10.13 High Sierra
  • 2007 to 2015 for macOS 10.11 El Capitan

This other computer can currently be running any version of macOS 10.6+. You can use the information in the following article to confirm the other Mac is compatible with one of the operating systems so you can use it to create a bootable installer for that particular OS:

https://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_OS_X_Compatibility

If you have the Early-2011 model, then you also have the option to use the original gray OSX System Restoration DVD which shipped with the laptop from the factory to install OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard. After installing Snow Leopard, you will then need to install macOS 10.11 since you probably won't be able to access the App Store to download the macOS 10.13 High Sierra installer. In fact you will likely need to use another computer (any computer & OS which can access the Internet) to download the macOS 10.11 El Capitan installer which you will need to then transfer to this laptop so you can upgrade it. After installing macOS 10.11, then you should be able to access the App Store to install macOS 10.13 High Sierra.

To confirm compatibility with the OS installer you can use the information in the following article

I unable to install the macOS again on my MacBook Pro 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.