Where on earth do these suggestions come from?

Hello all, I’d like to know where exactly these “suggestion” results come from please? Where does the information come from? How does IPhone learn it?

I ask this because I had a rather strange and personal suggestion- “Nature of ___” and then the first name of someone I am very close to, so I want to know how and why Iphone does this? I had all of the correct settings toggled off as per the attached screenshot, however was still receiving this weird result until I toggled off every single app in “Siri and Search” settings. In addition, those search terms were also not in my safari search history.

Many thanks

iPhone 15 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on May 6, 2024 6:24 PM

4 replies

May 6, 2024 11:32 PM in response to lavenderlovely

Siri Suggestions uses machine learning to predict what you might need or want to do on your iPhone based on your usage patterns and habits.

If you feel an unauthorized person/app is remotely using, controlling or monitoring your device, then that is possible only if you have done one or more of the following Don'ts...

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't plug in your device in Airports and Public places through third-party cables and trust the device. Beware of Juice Jacking. (Especially in India)
  7. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls, etc.

If one of the above is true then quickly change the Apple ID Password and Return iPhone settings to their defaults.

Where on earth do these suggestions come from?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.