Disappearing email accounts in Mac OS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi all. I have the strangest bug happening in Apple mail on Sonoma 14.4.1. I use two custom domains, with Apple's iCloud email service. These were working perfectly, allowing me to send and receive maul using my custom domains, via iCloud.

However in the past few weeks, these two specific email accounts keep vanishing from my email account settings. All the messages remain in mailboxes, but I am unable to create new messages using these accounts. I have to go back into Mail > Settings > Accounts, and add both email addresses back in. A week later, they will disappear again.

Has anyone come across, and discovering a soliton for it? It's clearly a bug since

Posted on May 6, 2024 7:21 PM

4 replies

May 8, 2024 10:45 AM in response to Glyph

Glyph wrote:

Hi all. I have the strangest bug happening in Apple mail on Sonoma 14.4.1.

I use two custom domains, with Apple's iCloud email service. These were working perfectly, allowing me to send and receive maul using my custom domains, via iCloud.

However in the past few weeks, these two specific email accounts keep vanishing from my email account settings. All the messages remain in mailboxes, but I am unable to create new messages using these accounts. I have to go back into Mail > Settings > Accounts, and add both email addresses back in. A week later, they will disappear again.

Has anyone come across, and discovering a soliton for it? It's clearly a bug since

To be proactive you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback direct to the Product Team, here:

Feedback - Mail - Apple

ref: Use Custom Email Domain with iCloud Mail

Personalize iCloud Mail with a custom email domain and share with others - Apple Support

"Note: Custom Email Domain isn’t available in all countries or regions."

Further—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

May 11, 2024 2:10 AM in response to Glyph

Glyph wrote:

Yes I have seen how responsive Apple has been over the years in fixing bugs reported in feedback....

The designation of a " Bug " would require that the exact steps the order they were done, be Repeated on a Consistent Basis by Apple and by their Software Engineers

Then and only then would it be considered a " Bug "

Perhaps one would consider Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are PAID  Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

If they deem this important enough, they may bump this up to a Tier xx Software Engineer who may offer to explore this issue further and work with your computer setup.

One can only hope so

Disappearing email accounts in Mac OS Sonoma 14.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.