Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

unable add to to apple watch

Dear All,

I was trying to add my credit card to my apple watch but its not happening.

It shows as verification required when I try to press Apple Watch to pay but when I called my Bank customer care, they told the card is very much active and they no longer give the verification rather it should be given by Apple.

How do I solve this or get the verification code in case I need to get from Apple?

Please advise

iPhone 6, iOS 10

Posted on May 7, 2024 2:22 AM

3 replies

May 7, 2024 3:14 AM in response to rejoice1983

The bank has misinformed you or you misunderstood the bank support team member. Apple cannot verify a card. Verification must come from the issuing bank.

>>Adding additional verification

A card issuer can decide whether a credit or debit card requires additional verification. Depending on what’s offered by the card issuer, the user may be able to choose between different options for additional verification, such as a text message, email, customer service call or a method in an approved third-party app to complete the verification. For text messages or email, the user selects from contact information the issuer has on file.

A code is sent, which must be entered into Apple Wallet, Settings or the Apple Watch app. For customer service or verification using an app, the issuer performs their own communication process.

Card provisioning security overview - Apple Support

unable add to to apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.