Item deleted or not currently accessible?

I did not renew my MS Word subscription and now get the above message when trying to open a MS Word document. All of my MS Word docs have vanished from my desktop, but I can see them listed in my MS account, but am unable to open them. My subs only expired I'm March, and previously when I let a subs lapsed I could still open and read existing MS docs, even if the formatting was weird. Any suggestions? I'd like to recover them, and would resubscribe to MS Word if that would resolve it, but I'm not sure it will.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on May 7, 2024 10:43 AM

3 replies

May 7, 2024 5:02 PM in response to BDAqua

No, I can't open them, they just show as recent items in MS word, with green checks (supposedly indicative of docs being saved in OneDrive, which is not the case) and the 'deleted or currently unavailable' flag comes up when I click on them there. So nothing opens from the recent items, but a few were also in my downloads, so those I can open there. It's a mystery. I'm pretty sure nothing can be retrieved from the trash once it's been emptied though I'm honestly sure I would not have put the only two folders I kept deliberately on my desktop with all my fave docs in, in the trash at all.

Item deleted or not currently accessible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.