itunes. -- Where is my iTunes Library and HOW do i access it . I am running on Ventura

I am geetting coflicting informaton. Some say it is impossible to get iTunes, --- after Ventura and higher.

I do NOT wnant Apple MUSIC. I have no need of a subscription, iTunes was perfect for my needs, My library was stored in the iCloud. I have continued to pay for iCloud, HOW to I get to my ITunes Libary? I paid for the licenses and i paid for storage,

Thanks for any enlightenment on iTunes,

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.6

Posted on May 7, 2024 11:00 AM

5 replies

May 7, 2024 12:10 PM in response to kalynch

The iTunes application was discontinued with macOS 10.15 Catalina in 2019 . You cannot get the iTunes application on a Mac running Catalina or higher at all, which includes Ventura and the current Sonoma.

The only option is to use the Apple Music App. You do not need a subscription to use the Apple Music app.

With that said, how exactly was your library stored in iCloud?

iTunes does not store music in iCloud unless you are subscribed to either Apple Music or iTunes Match.

If you are subscribed to iTunes Match, then it can work with the Apple Music app just fine, and access your library.

To do this, you need to turn on the Sync Library option in the Apple Music app.

click here ➜ Use Sync Library with your Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription - Apple Support

If you are not subscribed to either of the services, then the iTunes or Apple Music apps simply do not store music in iCloud and cannot access music from there directly.

If you explain exactly what it is you did to store the music on iCloud someone may be able to advise.

May 8, 2024 8:11 AM in response to kalynch

The Apple Music app will have a side bar, and in that side bar there should be a section labeled Library, your songs can be found there under Artists, Albums or Songs.

That is of course, if the iTunes Music library was in fact migrated to it when you updated.

Additionally, your music files should be available in the Music folder in Finder if that is where they were kept originally.

May 7, 2024 1:24 PM in response to Phil0124

.Thank you, so much for responding !!!! I guess I assumed it was in my iCloud. I never checked. Too busy, It never occured to me that my iTunes account could disappear. :- ) I know iTunes wanted me to sync -- and I didn't want to do that. i was concern that the music file / files might be overwritten with blank space. Would there be stubs on my Mac ? Is there some place where the info could be stored? Someone said Users andGroups, I went there -- dead end. But maybe I overlooke something, This is the same Mac. I plan to get a new Mac Aire with M3 chip, soon.

This problem came at the right time. If there is any hope of retrieving the library, now. is the time to do it. :- ). It wasn't an extensive library, 4 albums max with some singles. I don't like messing with tech, :- ). Basically, a few hours of playtime from which 2 hours lived on my waterproof MP3 player that I used for exercise in the pool. However, the songs were selected for beats per minute leading up to cardio. and then cool down period. Itunes was so simple. Just go buy a song run it through the "translator" to convert to MP3. Everything was there, a sample length of time forr the Song, and payment. Do you happen to know the file extension for the music you can down load from Apple now? I need to replace the waterproof player and will no doubt have to convert the Apple music files to fit the player's format.

May 7, 2024 3:14 PM in response to kalynch

Your post is kind of confusing.

Your iTunes account would not disappear for any reason.

I think there's some crucial information missing here.

If you for instance updated your Mac's operating system from a version with iTunes to a version without iTunes then your library is now accessible through the Music App directly.

Are you saying its not in there?

You need to be very clear about what happened. What exactly you did, and why you now have a missing music library.

May 7, 2024 7:43 PM in response to Phil0124

Thanks. i didn't know to look there. I thought they were two distinct entities -- one streaming music and the other, iTunes, that did not. Where and how would I look in the Music App? When went there I just saw a bunch of marketing rolling by -- didn't see any navigation. Appreciate you taking the time to respond,

itunes. -- Where is my iTunes Library and HOW do i access it . I am running on Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.