Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

X axis labels randomly being renamed "untitled" by numbers and I can't figure out why

This problem was posted by Keith Scotland a few years ago but was unresolved, and I'm experiencing the same issue, so I am reposting the question> Appreciate any help.

I have many 2D line charts with x & y axis data and label plotted accurately, but at a certain point for any new entries I add, the x axis label name displays as 'Untitled'? The y axis plots the new data correctly.

The x axis is a range of numerical dates (eg 01/01/01).

I have changed nothing in the chart for it to start doing this. I've searched all over and see people who had this problem when they created the chart and it was due to category axis labels on creation of the chart.

I had no problem when I created the charts, only months later has the problem started .

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 7, 2024 2:58 PM

There are no replies.

X axis labels randomly being renamed "untitled" by numbers and I can't figure out why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.