Newsroom Update

Apple News+ introduces Quartiles, a new original spelling game, and Offline Mode for subscribers. Learn more >

Weather app not showing weather warnings

I currently know for a fact that there is a tornado warning in my area right now due to research as well as the fact that our tornado siren just went off, and then I also googled it and found that there is a tornado watch for my county but when I go into my Apple Weather app it doesn’t say anything about the tornado warning. It just says that it’s gonna be raining for the next couple hours but it doesn’t say anything about severe weather or mention the tornado warning at all!! I would really like to know why this is especially since I’ve always gotten major weather alerts or any sort of warnings on the app before but now all of a sudden it’s not even mentioning the tornado warning which is a pretty severe thing if you ask me and I don’t understand why it’s all of a sudden not showing that I looked up other locations to see what it would say for them and none of them have the tornado warning, even though it’s multiple counties! Very curious on why this is happening and why this is changed all of a sudden when in the past if there’s ever been severe warning or tornado watches or warnings, we’ve always gotten alert on the weather app and now there’s nothing on there when I know, for a fact, we have a tornado warning issued for my county and three other counties around me!!

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on May 7, 2024 6:35 PM

2 replies

May 9, 2024 5:06 AM in response to GZ420

It will depend on the Source that is issuing the Alerts

Refer to the second link for those details

Check the weather on iPhone

Feature availability and data sources in the Weather app

Sadly, the Apple Support Community Forums have recently been over-run by AI / LMM / ChatBots.

They may  seem well formulated with what appear to be possible technical solutions.

Suggest being very careful about this.

Some suggestions can be incorrect, misinformed , incomplete, impossible to do, out right wrong and may supply outdated links to similar questions

Weather app not showing weather warnings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.