Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

iPhone 13 Pro Screen Colours are faded

Hello, I’ve bought a 2nd hand iPhone 13 Pro because I’m a photographer and I wanted to have a phone display to review photos from other photographers on my phone.

I compared my iPhone with others and my colours don’t look as rich as from other iPhones.

At first I tested if my screen is genuine with a black image, used a torch and also in the “About” it’s not written that the screen is replaced.

I read already many articles about this and played with all things available in “Accessibility” but nothing brought me to a satisfying result.

I’m using a PC as my computer which is calibrated with Spyder Pro and this device can’t be used on an iPhone.

Is there a way to calibrate my iPhone with an external device without having other apple products?

Posted on May 7, 2024 9:00 PM

1 reply

May 8, 2024 2:19 AM in response to AnnaEwa

iPhones don't have a built-in way to calibrate the screen itself. Unlike some computer monitors, iPhones use software profiles to manage color accuracy.

1. True Tone: Check your True Tone settings. True Tone adjusts the white balance of the display to match the ambient light. This can sometimes make the colors appear less vibrant. Go to Settings > Display & Brightness and toggle True Tone on and off to see if it makes a difference.
  2. Night Shift: Night Shift reduces the amount of blue light emitted by the display, which can make colors appear warmer. Go to Settings > Display & Brightness and check if Night Shift is enabled. Try turning it off to see if the colors look more vivid.
  3. Accessibility Features: You might have already explored this, but within Accessibility features, there are options under "Display & Text Size" that can affect color temperature. Play around with options like "Bold Text" or "Increase Contrast" to see if it gives a slight improvement.

If the display colors seem significantly off or unnatural, consider taking your iPhone to an Apple Authorized Service Provider to get a professional diagnosis. There's a chance the screen might have been replaced with a third-party, lower-quality panel.

iPhone 13 Pro Screen Colours are faded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.