How do I appeal an iPhone unlock from my old Apple ID?

I Restored my phone with an old back up which had My old Apple ID . The iD is not longer in use so I cannot alter it. But it has control of my phone. I spent countless hours talking to Apple support, got absolutely nowhere, untill after about 4 days a lady helped me fill in a form about ownership & proof of Purchase. I sent all the info, Proof of Purchase etc. on 1st April. I got a return email saying “we’ll be in touch”. On 8th April I contacted support and was informed my request was approved, just reset my phone. I was told an email was sent regarding this. I explained that I had got no Mail, so on checking , Support said my request had been denied, no reason given. They sent the email to my old Apple ID that is no longer in use…sheer incompetence. I asked for a copy of the email……but got nowhere……Is there anyway I can appeal this or at least find out the Reason?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on May 8, 2024 3:49 AM

4 replies

May 8, 2024 4:49 AM in response to seanfromsligo

Yes, you can request the matter be escalated to a higher level. You will then have one person with more authority handling the matter. But don’t hold your breath - I’ve had a case number with support since October 2023, spent hours on the phone, every day initially, and nothing has been resolved. iPhone that suddenly became security locked (and no, I did not forget my passcode). It’s still linked to my watch & old laptop. I refused to reset it & lose data. I have spent thousands upgrading (new phone & laptop that I don’t use). I provided original receipts, I even still have the box for the phone. They say it’s impossible. I disagree. It’s MY data I’m trying to recover. It’s impacted every aspect of my life since. I hope you resolve your issue.

May 12, 2024 6:16 AM in response to seanfromsligo

So, tried again on Chat…..got nowhere..so tried the Phone…..got a lovely Lady who said she would sort it for me….sh etook me through processes that I had tried before and didn’t work…….she said stick with it…… and Lo and Behold, we Restored the phone using a Mac Desktop(Didn’t work before). Thank you, I didn’t get your Name…….

3 days later an email from Apple saying my request to Restore my Phone had been refused…..couldn’t make this stuff up…….

How do I appeal an iPhone unlock from my old Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.