Copy/paste not working on iPad

Hello, I have a problem with working in PowerPoint and word apps on my iPad. I want to copy something from safari or chrome and then paste it into my documents in word of presentations in PowerPoint but it doesn’t paste it. I tried to paste some stuff into the notes app and that worked… so I have no idea what could be the problem.

Thanks.

Posted on May 8, 2024 7:04 AM

1 reply

May 22, 2024 3:46 PM in response to FilipKy

Hello! It seems that the problem may be related to how the apps handle clipboard data on your iPad. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Restart the apps:

- Double tap the home button or swipe up from the bottom and hold to open the app switcher.

- Swipe up on Safari, Chrome, Word and PowerPoint to close them.

- Then re-open the apps and try copying and pasting again.

2. Restart your iPad:

- Hold down the power button until "Slide to power off" appears.

- Turn off the device and then turn it on again.

3. Update the apps:

- Check for updates for Word, PowerPoint, Safari and Chrome in the App Store and install any updates.

4. Check App Permissions:

- Go to Settings > Word/PowerPoint and check that the apps have the right permissions.

5. Use the Share Menu:

- In Safari or Chrome, try using the share button (square with an up arrow) and select "Copy".

- Then try pasting into Word or PowerPoint.

6. Test different content:

- Try copying and pasting different types of content (text, images, links) to see if the problem is specific to a certain type of content.

If none of these solutions work, it may be a specific problem with Microsoft apps on your device. In that case, it may be a good idea to contact Microsoft support for further assistance.

Good luck!

Copy/paste not working on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.