Email shows sender as my husband's name

My email account shows my husband's name as sender. Even if I change the sender name to mind, it still sends as if it's from my husband. How do I fix?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.6

Posted on May 8, 2024 7:57 AM

6 replies

May 8, 2024 8:08 AM in response to MKW43

If the receiver of the email has your husband's name in their contacts app for that email address, then that name will show for them in the email. The sender of an email can only use their email address and cannot attach a name to it and if the receiver does not have a name for the email address in their contacts app, then they will just see the email address and not a name.

May 8, 2024 12:02 PM in response to Mac Jim ID

The issue is that when I want to reply to an email that has been sent to me with my email address, the reply from my email shows my husband's name and email address and not name and email address. I looked at buy sent mail from my email address and, to distress, discovered my emails were not sent from my account. My recipients must have be confused.

May 9, 2024 12:06 PM in response to hcsitas

I know, but even when I select my own email address as the sender, the email shows up in my husband's email sent box and not in my sent box. It is so perplexing and aggravating!! I'm tempted to delete the whole account and reinstall it, but am nervous about the ramifications! What do you think?

Email shows sender as my husband's name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.