WiFi Scanner Does Not Work

The latest MAC-OS upgrade causes the WiFi scanner not to work. I have seen this documented throughout the Web, but yet it appears Apple has not fixed the problem yet. Why would they allow the OS to be incompatible with most scanners? I have tried updating drivers, deleting and adding printer - all with no success.

I have read some of the notes posted in the community but have found none to fix my problem.

The printer works great, just the WiFi scanner that is no longer supported. I am using a Brother MFC-L2690D.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on May 8, 2024 11:26 AM

3 replies

May 8, 2024 4:01 PM in response to Sterno_MAC

Brother recommends on their Driver/Support page to use AirPrint for the printer driver. When using AirPrint, you will use the Image Capture program in your Applications folder to perform scanning.

If your computer does not support AirPrint, Brother does have the Print & Scan software available in the App Store that was updated 2 months ago and if needed they may update it again. They receive the beta OS versions before they are released to test the software for compatibility. Brother also has a firmware update for your printer that was released on 4/18/24 that you may need.

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcl2690dw_us&os=10080

WiFi Scanner Does Not Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.