2019 Macbook Pro 16in "Your computer restarted because of a problem" panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff800a0ab89b)

I have no idea what's causing this or what any of the Problem Details and System Configuration means. This has happened twice in the last 12 hours. I use my Macbook daily. The first time it happened My Macbook was open and it had a report when I woke it. Next time it happened I opened it up after it sat closed for the night and go the report.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 8, 2024 11:53 AM

2 replies

May 8, 2024 12:02 PM in response to Veetro-Are

Veetro-Are wrote:

I have no idea what's causing this or what any of the Problem Details and System Configuration means. This has happened twice in the last 12 hours. I use my Macbook daily. The first time it happened My Macbook was open and it had a report when I woke it. Next time it happened I opened it up after it sat closed for the night and go the report.
<Product Details and System Configuration.log>

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem.

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

To trouble shoot further you can:

—A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

This test will tell you if third party interference; most extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

unplug all non-essential peripherals when testing

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

May 8, 2024 12:52 PM in response to Veetro-Are

watchdog timer fired because WindowServer did not reposed for a very long time.

you have extensions for Intel Power gadget still installed.

As of October 9, 2023, no functional, security, or other updates will be provided for Intel® Power Gadget. Intel® Power Gadget will no longer be available after October 13, 2023. All versions are provided as is. Intel recommends that users of Intel® Power Gadget uninstall and discontinue use as soon as possible and use Intel® Performance Counter Monitor (Intel® PCM)

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/power-gadget.html

2019 Macbook Pro 16in "Your computer restarted because of a problem" panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff800a0ab89b)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.