GarageBand recording sounds different

Hello,

I've been experiencing a recurring issue with GarageBand where the playback sound during recording is different from what I hear when I'm not recording. The sound is perfectly fine as I play live, but as soon as I start recording, some notes sound off and there seems to be a latency issue that affects how the notes are played back. This problem occurs even though all my other applications are closed, my Mac has plenty of RAM and storage, and I've restarted the system multiple times to try and resolve the issue.

Here's what I've tried so far:

• Checking and adjusting MIDI settings and audio preferences.
  • Ensuring there are no background applications running that could affect performance.
  • Resetting GarageBand's settings by deleting preferences.

I suspect this might be related to automation settings, as the issue persists even after resetting the preferences, and adjusting the automation for volume doesn't seem to help, but the sound is different.

Could anyone provide guidance on how to fix this issue or explain why this happens only during recording? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 8, 2024 1:04 PM

There are no replies.

GarageBand recording sounds different

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.