I am looking for a formula that removes specific parts off a text in Numbers.

.... e.g. removing simple words but constructs like "//xy" as well.

Example "text //xy text" should result in "text text" only. (2 spaces left would be ok, too).

I could not find any solution using grep that works for all patterns. Is there a solution for my "problem"?

Can someone provide a solution?

Regards Peter

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 8, 2024 3:39 PM

1 reply

May 8, 2024 8:45 PM in response to Peter_MZ

The solution depends on all the different things you might need removed. You gave one example of "//xy" but you mentioned "removing simple words" and something that works for "all patterns". The "//xy" is simple to remove but "simple words" or "all patterns" may not be so simple. You will have to provide more information on what "simple words" and/or "all patterns" actually is. With no further clarification, the word "text" to me is a "simple word" and "//xy" is a "pattern" so I'd eliminate everything in your example.

From this text do you want to remove words that are listed in a column of a table or text that fits a specific pattern (and what is that pattern?) or both these things or something else?

I am looking for a formula that removes specific parts off a text in Numbers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.