Found Apple Watch and iPhone simultaneous sound work-around!!!

For those of us that would like our iPhones and Apple Watches to BOTH sound and /or vibrate at notifications-

I have an answer!!!

(and not this bologna “set your watch app notifications to ‘mirror my iPhone’” crap that doesn’t ACTUALLY do what we want)

Watch app -> Passcode -> Wrist Detection -> toggle it off

You’ll get this scary warning:

If you don’t need those things, you’ll never miss them.

You won’t get the activity tracking, like stand notifications or encouragement to close your rings, but your rings will still close and you’ll still earn badges and whatnot.

Contrary to the warning your watch WILL go to sleep when you put your wrist down, assuming you have the “raise to wake” setting on, so no worries it’ll automatically stay awake all day.

Your alarm WILL sound and tap

on BOTH devices as well. When you wake up in the morning you’ll be tapped awake while your phone slowly increases in volume. (Mine increases volume but it may be a setting I have in place to do so.)

Well, I sleep with earplugs in so the watch may sound and I don’t hear it, but I know for sure the phone sounds and increases volume.

You also can’t track your sleep,

which is the one thing I miss. But it’s all worth it to be able to get my watch AND iPhone to BOTH ring and sound and do haptics whether or not my phone is awake.

You're welcome. 😉

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on May 8, 2024 4:49 PM

There are no replies.

Found Apple Watch and iPhone simultaneous sound work-around!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.