Music appears to have deleted MY AUDIO (as opposed to copyrighted works of music, et al)

Not sure when exactly this happened, but for YEARS, I have enjoyed using Music as an archive of recordings of my work and random things like a recording my grandpa made of my grandma and dad singing when he was a toddler. I come from a family of musicians. I'm a public radio journalist in the business for a quarter century. Just yesterday, I went looking for one of these audio files on my phone and no sign of it. Went to the laptop, and no sign of it there, or ANYTHING ELSE I UPLOADED over many, many years, as opposed to downloaded back when you could do that with iTunes. Where did everything go??? I sure hope it hasn't been automatically deleted...

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 8, 2024 5:33 PM

3 replies

May 8, 2024 6:17 PM in response to Burp

It’s hard to know where your files went without knowing where you may have saved the files, where you keep music and other audio, etc. You can, of course, always restore from your backups. Or, check you music library folder or music folder for the files. And, perform a finder search for the files too

Music appears to have deleted MY AUDIO (as opposed to copyrighted works of music, et al)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.