Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Music Only Offered In Lossless Not Downloadable Even With Lossless Turned Off

Help! I have an AM subscription. I have Lossless turned off in my settings. When I search for songs - many (not all) show up ONLY as Lossless and I have to add them to my Library in that format. I can't download Lossless (nor do I want to) but I DO want to download the standard Music format - why can't I download a specific song(s) at all that are marked Lossless? This does not apply to every single song I find in Music - I am able to download those not marked Lossless, but many songs are now only appearing as Lossless and I want to be able to download those songs, just not in Lossless format. It seems AM is limiting what format they show me in search results to primarily be Lossless, which limits what I can download and does not allow me to get the full benefits of the AM subscription.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on May 9, 2024 8:33 AM

4 replies

May 12, 2024 5:26 AM in response to Mangotti

Songs labeled lossless are only lossless of you turn it on in music settings. But they are available as such.

To save battery and data I have lossless turned off on all my take out devices, it's on just on the ipad I use for my hifi at home.

Make sure you optimise iphone storage to a sensible maximum in settings

Music Only Offered In Lossless Not Downloadable Even With Lossless Turned Off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.