I am getting a lot of FaceTime group calls that are spam

Over the past few months, I find I am getting invited to group FaceTimes by random strangers. Some of these groups are very large. I get notifications several times a day, and each time I block or block and report the caller. However, yesterday, they started with a new approach, because I was added to a group FaceTime, did not accept it, and now there is an Active group that has been going for nearly 24 hours. There is a button to join the call (on my Mac, it says "Double Click to Join"), but no button to leave the group, and different people in the group keep inviting me to the call.

Oh yeah, they are doing it in the wee hours of the morning. Good thing I have DND turned on. (See attached screen shot.)

I can't figure out the purpose of these calls, as to my understanding, they can't get any information about me just by me joining the call, other than knowing my number or AppleID is a valid one.

Many of the callers in these groups appear to be from other countries (the U.K. in particular), but the initiator of the last few seems to have a U.S. area code.

It would be fantastic if Apple gave us an ability to leave group calls that we have not joined.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 9, 2024 10:04 AM

There are no replies.

I am getting a lot of FaceTime group calls that are spam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.