Duplicate Texts

my phone is duplicating type in email, texts etc. sometimes up to three times. I've tried disabling the dictation on the phone, restarting and then enabling again and that does work. I've also disabled dictation on my watch, and that didn't work either. I cannot find any resources for the fix. Please help if you know a fix!

thanks,

Posted on May 9, 2024 11:24 AM

1 reply

May 10, 2024 9:04 AM in response to Jacktjn8161

To ensure proper functionality, please verify that only one of the following features is activated:

With VoiceOver—a gesture-based screen reader—you can use iPhone even if you can't see the screen. VoiceOver gives audible descriptions of what's on your screen—from battery level, to who's calling, to which app your finger is on. You can also adjust the speaking rate and pitch to suit your needs.

Turn on and practice VoiceOver on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Spoken Content. Adjust any of the following: Speak Selection: To hear text you selected, tap the Speak button. Speak Screen: To hear the entire screen, swipe down with two fingers from the top of the screen.

Hear iPhone speak the screen, selected text, and typing ...

On your device, go to Settings > Accessibility > Spoken Content > Typing Feedback. From here, you can turn on the following: Character feedback: Turn on Characters to have your device speak letters as you type.

Use Typing Feedback on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Turn on Dictation

Go to Settings > General > Keyboard. Turn on Enable Dictation.

Dictate text on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Duplicate Texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.