Numbers protect critical cells in a table

Hello,

It there a way to protect critical cell in a table like in Excel?

The idea is to secure things by avoiding not skilled people to erase something by mistake

From what i have read in very old post of the forum it do not seems to be possible.

Is there now any workaround to deal with this?

(and i just want to keep it simple and easy to use so i do not want to split sensitive data in a separate locked table)

Thanks for your help

Posted on May 9, 2024 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2024 4:58 PM

It would certainly be nice but no, it cannot be done. Numbers locks the entire table or nothing. Maybe one day. Provide Apple some feedback using the menu item Numbers->Provide Numbers Feedback. If Apple implements enough of these good ideas I might go buy a computer that can upgrade to the most recent version of Numbers just so I can have a version with all the good ideas in it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2024 4:58 PM in response to Remi-aapl

It would certainly be nice but no, it cannot be done. Numbers locks the entire table or nothing. Maybe one day. Provide Apple some feedback using the menu item Numbers->Provide Numbers Feedback. If Apple implements enough of these good ideas I might go buy a computer that can upgrade to the most recent version of Numbers just so I can have a version with all the good ideas in it.

Numbers protect critical cells in a table

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.