Problem in iMessage with single contact: no location, no photo, can't place a call to them

So my SO's contact in my phone is suddenly acting strange in iMessage. He also has an iPhone. I noticed one day his contact photo was gone from our conversation, and so was his location, which I can usually access by tapping his name in our iMessage conversation. When I try to press "Call" from that same screen it prompts me to dial him through Google Meet instead of Phone (second photo). When I go to Find My I still have his location, and when I go to his actual contact card his photo is there & I'm able to place a call through the Call icon (third photo). AFAIK nothing has changed with either one of our iClouds. But it's almost like it's suddenly pulling his Google Account through to his contact? But it's only in iMessage. I don't know, curious if anyone has had anything similar happen.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on May 9, 2024 1:40 PM

There are no replies.

Problem in iMessage with single contact: no location, no photo, can't place a call to them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.