Is it possible to actually never have to use Google and just use Apple on my iPad?

I have recently lost 90% of my emails with Google and this was not just me it has happened to many people I know. Now I’m forced to sign into google1 on my iPad and link everything. I have not linked my photos. What I would like to know, is whether it is possible to actually never have to use Google and just use Apple? I’m not convinced that this is possible as my search on safari immediately sent me into Google!? Any info / advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 10, 2024 2:48 AM

1 reply

May 10, 2024 6:12 AM in response to DonnaBullas

What I would like to know, is whether it is possible to actually never have to use Google and just use Apple?

Of course. For performing a web search, Apple offers a number of better alternatives. Read Search for websites using Safari on iPad - Apple Support and scroll down to Choose a search engine.

For more specific answers to your overall question (Life without Google!?) please write back for specific suggestions. I have not used Google for anything for well over a decade. If Google was that good perhaps they wouldn't need to pay Apple $20 billion a year to incorporate it.

Is it possible to actually never have to use Google and just use Apple on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.