How to choose the right adapter for MacBook Air

Hi,

Is there Adapters for your MacBook Air can be included with hdmi and vga? I found it's only have adapters with hdmi or vga separately, it can not have the interface together.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 10, 2024 7:04 AM

4 replies

May 10, 2024 8:03 PM in response to show0116

Whether you intend to use them with a Mac or a PC, USB-C (DisplayPort) adapters generally do not have multiple types of outputs. If you are a traveling salesman and you have no idea whether projectors at customer sites will take VGA or HDMI, then you have the option of buying adapters for both types of interfaces.

Most people who are buying adapters for use at home or work have a monitor with a particular kind of input (i.e., DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, or HDMI) in mind, and wouldn't want the complication and expense of one which included support for legacy interfaces such as single-link DVI, dual-link DVI, or VGA in addition to the interface which they planned to use.

You could try looking through descriptions of plain USB-C (not Thunderbolt) hubs to see if any of them have the desired feature. I suspect what you will find are mainly hubs using DisplayLink and similar workarounds to allow connection of multiple displays in a second-class way. Then you'd have to ask yourself the question of whether using something like that was really cheaper or more convenient than simply carrying two adapters.

How to choose the right adapter for MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.