Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Ipad multiuser support needed

I have two users in my household who need separate user ID's on the same iPad. How do I setup iPad Pro M4 for two separate users

Posted on May 10, 2024 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2024 12:36 PM

An iPad is not a multi-user device.

A Mac is.

Outside of those schools and institutions which have the network infrastructure and related tools configured to allow it, an iPad is a single user device. Details on institutional sharing: Shared iPad overview - Apple Support

To swap otherwise, you’ll have to perform the following transfer each time: Sell, give away, or trade in your iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2024 12:36 PM in response to spacexluke

An iPad is not a multi-user device.

A Mac is.

Outside of those schools and institutions which have the network infrastructure and related tools configured to allow it, an iPad is a single user device. Details on institutional sharing: Shared iPad overview - Apple Support

To swap otherwise, you’ll have to perform the following transfer each time: Sell, give away, or trade in your iPad - Apple Support

Ipad multiuser support needed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.