Yahoo mail works on my iPhone, but not my iMac

Used Cox email for years, but they have recently transitioned all accounts to Yahoo mail. Had no trouble adding Yahoo mail to my iPhone mail accounts, but it won't work on my iMac running Sonoma 14.4.1

I could add Yahoo mail to iMail on the iMac and it accepted my password, won't come online. Removed and re-installed without success. Tried to install using "Other" mail accounts and manually entering the ingoing and outgoing servers rather than the Yahoo tab, but no luck. Called AppleCare but they couldn't help; can anyone>

Posted on May 10, 2024 12:23 PM

2 replies

May 22, 2024 8:14 AM in response to Haldanish

I have had the same problem. Linking into Yahoo on my iPhone was immediate. Not the case on my iMac. I notice that Cox's e-mail about this transition referred to taking 24-48 hours to have files, etc. show up. Perhaps because we are dealing with two different operating systems on Phone and Mac? Let me know if you find a solution. Cox has made things more difficult for me. I tried the yahoo mail side of things and was annoyed by getting a new e-mail ad show up every time I logged in. Can't stand their interface either on deleting accounts and creating folders for e-mails. The Apple mail app is much more friendly. GSM Mesa AZ

Yahoo mail works on my iPhone, but not my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.