Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Reinstall Yosemite on MacBook Pro 13" mid-2009

Good morning,

I erased the disk using Apple Disk Utility.

From that moment on it displayed the Mac utilities window each time it was started, not allowing anything else.

I created an install of Yosemite on a USB key using the Mist software.

Then a used the terminal cmd as follow:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Nomade --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app

I connect the USB key to the Macbook Pro 13" mid-2009 and restart it but the computer ignores the USB key.

I set the usb drive as the boot disk and when restarting the computer still ignores it and shows me the Mac Utilities window.

An OSX installation request from the Apple server gives me a 403 error (access prohibited)!

What to do ?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Posted on May 11, 2024 8:38 AM

3 replies

May 12, 2024 4:17 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi BDAqua and thank you for your help.

I made a mistake writing my question above. Indeed, I talked about the Terminal command but I did not use it, it was a previous test. Indeed Mist does all the work of downloading and "making" the bootable USB key.

The key was, it seems, not recognized as bootable since the boot was still done on the HD although I was able to select it as a boot disk?

I was unable to check the date and time on the computer.

BUT... I finally succeeded in the following way:

1 - Select the USB key as boot disk and restart

2 - Select "Installation of OS X"...

...and this time, I don't know why, the suggestion to install OS X Yosemite from the USB key was proposed

3 - The installation was completed successfully after approximately 1 hour.

Reinstall Yosemite on MacBook Pro 13" mid-2009

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.