Lose the last portion of media when saving an iMovie project

I downloaded a game and strung 4 downloaded media clips together. No transitions in between. It plays full length in iMovie. When I share and save the project to upload it to YouTube it cuts off at 1 hour and won’t play the last 20 minutes. Why? Is this because of the video quality I selected?? Have tried multiple saves and copies of the files - all work in iMovie.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 9

Posted on May 11, 2024 3:57 PM

2 replies

May 13, 2024 8:41 AM in response to TA7800

Hi,

To rule out a defect in the last clip, put the clip into a new project and see if it shares out fine. It it doesn't export, then expand your time line out and slowly scroll through the clip, looking for signs of corruption such as black frames, artifacts, white flashes, etc. Cut out any that you find and try exporting again. You can try that with the previous clip as well.

Also, check that you have sufficient disk space on the drive in which iMovie resides to allow iMovie to function efficiently. Also check the available space on whatever destination drive you have selected for the movie and make sure there is sufficient free space to store the movie.

-- Rich

Lose the last portion of media when saving an iMovie project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.