Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Emulate M1/2/3 for a macOS deployment tool project.

I would like to emulate an M series chip and run a version of macOS, I am right now trying to make a rust tool which will install a bunch of files, and apps to deploy peoples systems in 1 click and a password. But the issue I have run into, and will keep running into is asking one of my mates to pass me their ARM MacBook to give me their aarch64 compiled versions of their apps.

My tool has the 2 paths: x86_64, or aarch64. The rest can go and get blocked, with a message saying it will not be possible to use those architectures.

For the x86_64 of course it will get the x86_64 git and stuff like that from my server. And replicate with aarch but with aarch binaries.

I want to eliminate the middle man of asking 2 of my friends which have a M2 MacBook to give me files, as that feels really sketch and also I'm just bothering them to pieces.

Cheers.

Posted on May 13, 2024 1:57 AM

3 replies

May 13, 2024 4:36 AM in response to invranet

invranet wrote:

I would like to emulate an M series chip and run a version of macOS

That's too bad, because it's impossible.

I want to eliminate the middle man of asking 2 of my friends which have a M2 MacBook to give me files, as that feels really sketch and also I'm just bothering them to pieces.

So why not just get an Apple Silicon MacBook of your own? To be honest, whatever you're doing, you're totally wasting your time with x86 code. That stuff is dead, dead, dead.

Emulate M1/2/3 for a macOS deployment tool project.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.