Granting other applications permission to use library.xml in 2024

Hello everyone,

I used Recordbox (RB) to DJ and had no problem setting this up last year. I had to take a break, and it looks like iTunes changed a lot in the few months I put this down.

My issue is that I cannot get RB to pull songs directly from the iTunes library, which is much easier for finding songs.

I have exported the playlist "Library.xml" and made sure this is the file RB will pull from. RB can recognize that there are songs in the library, but when I click them, they say, "file cannot be found."

I did a bit of digging. I think the problem might stem from an older setting. There used to be a checkbox "Share iTunes library with other applications," but that is also gone now. Do you know how I may be able to enable this on the newer versions?

Some other details:

If you look at the photos, you'll see I've set the iTunes and Rekordbox folders from the .XML file. Using the .XML file, I can open the songs from the files inside the RB library, but I have to open each folder individually. I should just be able to load the entire library at once (it makes finding songs MUCH faster).

This is to say, there is an example of the .XML working when routed directly to RB, but it can't if I do it through iTunes (hence, why I think it's a permission problem).

Photo 1: Where RB sources the Library.xml file

Photo 2: RB knows the songs are there but if i double the click the songs "load error, file cannot be found" shows up. (red box on bottom)

Photo 3: RB can load from the files directly, but I have to open a crazy amount of folders just to get to one song

Photo 4: iTunes before the update that got rid of "Share library file"

Photo 5: iTunes after getting rid of the Share library option

Photo 6: yes, iTunes is set to use a locally downloaded Dropbox file of my library, and yes music plays from iTunes just fine. This also was not a problem last year.

I think I have everything covered here. I would love anyone greatly who can help me here.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on May 13, 2024 12:32 PM

There are no replies.

Granting other applications permission to use library.xml in 2024

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.