Restore from an older icloud backup

Hello - desperate for assistance here and hoping someone can assist in helping restore from a ~2 week old backup.

Fast story is that I had phone software issues when traveling abroad and when I went to an Apple partner (no corporate stores in Portugal, ironically when I needed most) the person helped unbrick the phone but said to NOT restore from iPhone backup as it could eventually brick my phone again while abroad. So, I kept using my phone and it was running regular backups. The problem is that those backups overwrote the backup I now (returned to US) need to restore from which would have been approximately 2 weeks ago. I’ve lost all of my photos and videos (60k+) based upon the poor advice of the partner Genius Bar tech and it’s very upsetting. I was NOT directly backing up photos to iCloud but more so backing up via the total phone backup.

is there anyway to work with anyone to refresh an older backup with Apple? The oldest shown upon restore of phone is essentially the backup of the “new” phone.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 13, 2024 12:40 PM

1 reply

May 13, 2024 12:55 PM in response to TGladski

TGladski wrote:

Hello - desperate for assistance here and hoping someone can assist in helping restore from a ~2 week old backup.

Fast story is that I had phone software issues when traveling abroad and when I went to an Apple partner (no corporate stores in Portugal, ironically when I needed most) the person helped unbrick the phone but said to NOT restore from iPhone backup as it could eventually brick my phone again while abroad. So, I kept using my phone and it was running regular backups. The problem is that those backups overwrote the backup I now (returned to US) need to restore from which would have been approximately 2 weeks ago. I’ve lost all of my photos and videos (60k+) based upon the poor advice of the partner Genius Bar tech and it’s very upsetting. I was NOT directly backing up photos to iCloud but more so backing up via the total phone backup.

is there anyway to work with anyone to refresh an older backup with Apple? The oldest shown upon restore of phone is essentially the backup of the “new” phone.

No.

Restore from an older icloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.