kensington sd5700t disconnect

So this is not a question.. it's maybe to help others out there having problems with kensington sd5700t disconnect. I couldn't figure it out... I added direct power source to Mac... I plugged in things, unplugged them, tried different docks, tried different ports... my hard drives would disconnect, my camera, everything.. finally found a hack.. first of all if you have this dock.. download the Kensington software and make sure Enable Auto WiFi switch is OFF. Then the next thing I did is plug my USB-C hard drives into adapters and plugged them into the USB-A ports on the dock... all of my problems disappeared... my monitor is still in the usb-c plug it was just the hard drives that were killing the thunderbolt/usb-c ports and killed my whole dock and disconnected everything all the time. I have 2 sandisk professional drives from WD... it would be nice if someone could explain to me why this disconnected my Mac/Hub all the time... not sure if somehow power was back fed into the hub and killed it? drives are probably running slower since they are in the usb-a ports.. I have no idea.. but I can't deal with the constant disconnects.. I'd be in zoom meetings and my cam would shut off it was horrid... but finally all works.. any ideas why this solved it?

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on May 13, 2024 3:16 PM

There are no replies.

kensington sd5700t disconnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.